A well-known landmark on the A245 road from Cobham to Stoke d'Abernon which before 1951 was a pair of mills with waterwheels between. The older mill was demolished to enable the road to be straightened. The remaining building dates from 1822 and was in use grinding corn until the 1920s. The Cobham Mill Preservation Trust was set up in 1985 to restore the mill to full working order. It was opened to the public in 1993 and is a listed grade II building (TQ 112599, see map). The opening hours are 2-5 pm April to October on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
The 1997 SIHG Conservation Plaque was awarded to Cobham Mill.
© SIHG 1997